Yorkshire Cricket Foundation and The Lord’s Taverners
Full Time: Three year fixed term post
Salary – Competitive + benefits
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation is a registered charity that delivers community projects across the county. Using the power of sport and cricket in particular, the Foundation aims to make a lasting, positive impact on the lives of those living Yorkshire.
The work of the foundation falls under four themes which are:
• Health & Wellbeing
• History and Heritage
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, in partnership with the Lord’s Taverners is seeking to recruit a new role of Wicketz Development Officer. The aim of the role is to use the power of cricket to engage with hard to reach groups of young people, improve social cohesion and create vibrant Wicketz Community Clubs in Hull.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of working in a sports development environment and experience of engaging with hard to reach groups. They will have superb communication and public relation skills, helping to promote awareness and interest in the Wicketz programme.
The main focus of the role will be to create three, sustainable community cricket clubs across the city of Hull, that operate all year round, offering participation, learning opportunities and personal development for 8-15 year olds.
To apply for the role please provide a copy of your C.V, with a covering letter outlining how your skills and experience make you the best candidate for the role to, [email protected] or Nick Robinson, Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, Carnegie Pavilion, Kirkstall Lane, Leeds, LS6 3DP.
*Deadline for applications is Friday 17th August at 1pm.
Interviews will take place, week commencing 27th August at Emerald Headingley Cricket Ground.*
For further information on the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, please visit our website www.yorkshirecricketfoundation.com
Job Description – Wicketz Development Officer
Reporting to: Education & Participation Manager/ Lord’s Taverners
Staff reporting: Volunteers
Based: Hull University Campus
Contract: Full time contract for 3 years
To lead with the development and implementation of the Wicketz programme in Hull, creating three community clubs, engaging hard to reach young people. The development officer will aim to establish sustainable community hubs that enhance the prospects of its participants and focus on key local issues, using cricket a vehicle for engagement.
To contribute to building Yorkshire Cricket as the Champion of our communities
To contribute to being the Charity that makes the biggest and everlasting impact in Yorkshire’s communities
• Identify 3 locations in Hull that would benefit from a Wicketz hub
• Work with key partners throughout the project
• Create sustainable community led Wicketz cricket club environments, that operate all year round, that offer participation opportunities and personal development
• Develop programmes that tackle social issues and promote healthy lifestyle choices
• Plan, promote, deliver and evaluate the Wicketz Community Club programmes
• Develop a long-term strategy to achieving sustainable Wicketz club environments with a longstanding legacy
• Successfully engage young people aged 8-15 years old into a Wicketz community club, with particular focus on ‘hard to reach’ individuals as identified by local statistics and knowledge
• Deliver a year round cricket programme that is diverse, inclusive and a relevant local offer
• Maintain a database of participants and ensure good communication, capturing feedback and promoting further opportunities
• Provide formal, written reports and case studies, ensuring all monitoring and evaluation is undertaken as required.
• Maintain positive relationships with key partners and the Yorkshire Cricket community
• Ensure the branding and promotion of the project is correct at all times
• Contribute to the production of the Annual Review and newsletter, including writing copy
• Ensure the website pages relating to the project are up to date
• Collate case studies, photographs and information from projects/events
• Promote activities via social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter)
• Work with the media and marketing team to produce relevant up to date information on the Wicketz project.
• Advertise and recruit volunteers as required to support the functions of running events and the running of the clubs
• Carry out volunteer inductions
• Manage and supervise volunteers
Experience, Skills and Competencies
• A relevant degree or a minimum 3 years’ experience working in community sports development
• Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to engage with people across all sectors of the community
• Strong interest in sport and understanding of the benefits it can bring in a community context
• Experience of managing large scale projects, preferably in a community sports development environment
• Experience of planning, promoting and delivering events
• High standard of computer literacy (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook and the Internet)
• Excellent communication and presentation skills required to build relationships with potential donors and supporters
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Demonstrable ability to plan and prioritise own workload with minimum supervision
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and work well under pressure
• Ability to understand and prepare budgets
• Ability to plan ahead and work within agreed timeframes
• Ability and willingness to travel for work
• Full driving license with access to own vehicle
• Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as required
• ECB level 2 cricket coach
• Understanding and experience of cricket development programmes
• Experience of working on projects that target hard to reach young people
• Experience of managing and developing volunteers
• Experience of monitoring and evaluating funded projects