The Scarborough Cricket Festival is an end of season series of cricket matches featuring Yorkshire County Cricket Club, which has been held in Scarborough since 1876.
The festival started in 1876 a year after the first MCC visit to the ground. At that time the ground still had its limitations, and members of the press, who were not provided with covered facilities, were often scathing in their criticism.
Partly because of this in 1877 substantial alterations took place, supported by John Woodall and the Lords Londesborough and Derwent, so that the ground largely assumed the form it retains to the present day. Over the years many improvements have been made and in 2011, there were major improvements.