Location: Headingley, Leeds.
Posted: March 22, 2022.
Contracted Hours: Full-time.
Employee Status: Permanent.
Closing date: April 15, 2022. Should an adequate number of applications be received prior to the closing date, YCCC reserve the right to remove this advert.
Yorkshire Cricket (The Yorkshire County Cricket Club, The Yorkshire Cricket Board, The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation):
The Yorkshire County Cricket Club is one of the world’s most famous cricket clubs. Founded in 1863, Yorkshire is England’s most successful club, winning a record 34 County Championships, joint Champions twice and five One-Day cricket crowns. The Club has produced more players for England’s national team than any other county in history.
Away from the professional arena, Yorkshire is the hotbed of cricket in the country, with in excess, of 740 grassroot clubs and schools playing the game every week in the summer equating to over 125,000 recreational players. The Yorkshire Cricket Board oversee the recreational side of the game in the countries largest county.
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation is the official charity and community arm of Yorkshire County Cricket Club. Using the power of cricket, the foundation runs community projects across the county, aiming to make a lasting, positive impact on the lives of those living in Yorkshire.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Stadium Safety Manager working for the Yorkshire County Cricket Club and to be based at The Headingley Cricket Ground in Leeds. The Stadium Safety Manager (SSM) is responsible for ensuring that YCCC meets the legislation and regulation requirements to enable all activities to take place in a safe and controlled environment.
The SSM will have the full support and cooperation of YCCC senior management and will establish suitable systems and controls for the safety and security of spectators and all other persons in the stadium. Complying with the current document “Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds” (also referred to as The Green Guide) is central to this role.
The post holder will ensure compliance and thereby ensure that the Safety Certificate and the Stadium Safety Policy are adhered to.
The SSM will report directly to the Director of Operations and Chief Executive Officer and work closely with stadium stakeholders and their teams to ensure wherever possible professional contracts and services sourced are shared.
Ensuring full compliance with the current document “Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds” to make sure all activities are compliant with:
• The requirements of the Stadium Safety Certificate and Stadium Safety Policy
• Health and Safety at Work legislation
• Fire Safety Legislation
• Disability Discrimination Act
• All Safety at Sports Grounds legislation
• Civil Contingencies Legislation
• Annual review of all safety documentation
• To chair regular stadium safety meetings with key on site stakeholders
You will also be responsible for:
• Carrying out safety audits as required at the stadium
• Ground Safety Officer (GSO) duties /or appropriate cover for each event that requires the GSO to be on site
• Attend all meetings on behalf of YCCC to discuss any issues relating to the Safety Certificate and the Safety Management of the venue
• Maintaining an audit trail of appropriate records and documentation to support our Safety Certificate
• Undertake performance reviews and analysis of developmental needs of the SSM’s direct reports to ensure staff are appropriately trained in respect of health, safety and security issues
• Liaise with the Local Authority, Police, Fire and Ambulance Services and any other body e.g. Safety Advisory Group in the relation to the maintenance of our Safety Certificate
• Produce and keep under review a Stewards manual outlining their duties in both normal and emergency situations
• Calculate the number of first aiders required for each event and book them through the preferred supplier
• Calculate the required Paramedic and ambulance requirements for each event and book them through Yorkshire Ambulance service Events Team.
• Liaise with the crowd doctors to ensure their availability when required and booking their services
• Meet with West Yorkshire Police to ensure the annual coning documentation and road closures are agreed and that the legal frameworks for each event are in place
• Liaise with the preferred Traffic Management supplier to book any road closures and coning for each event
• Be the Lead Manager for all Health and Safety Committee meeting and to take the minutes to then share with all stakeholders
• Attend all Safety Advisory Group Meetings
• Work in conjunction with the Operations Managers at G4S in relation to our Safety and Security deployments.
• Production of all event documentation in conjunction with the G4S and YCCC Operations Manager’s and distribute to the relevant people
• Attend all pre- match Operations Meetings for Yorkshire CCC
• Review all safety documentation on an annual basis
• Continue to work with all stakeholders to ensure the stadium security plan is robust and reviewed regularly
• Agree the stewarding deployments in conjunction with the appropriate stakeholders for Yorkshire CCC
• Attend national safety meetings for ECB as a member of the Safety Officers organisation.
• Attend regular meetings with West Yorkshire Police and the CTSU
• Representative to ensure that the stadiums PSIA documentation is maintained and up to date
• Liaise with TV Production Managers when fixtures are televised from the stadium to ensure all documentation is received and to check all setup of equipment is correct and safe.
• Must hold an N.V.Q. Level 4 Qualification in Spectator Safety Management.
• Must have evidenced experience of fulfilling a similar role of spectator safety management at national sporting events/similar industries.
• Personal circumstances must allow the candidate to work extended and flexible hours on occasion during times of peak activity including weekends and public holidays.
• The ability to communicate to a high standard with clients, stakeholders,
• public, and contractors and staff at all levels, both within and outside of the business.
• Must be “customer service” driven, with evidence of a strong client focus.
• Must have a hands-on and practical approach.
• Must demonstrate the highest professional standards of operation and service.
• Must be able to work with little supervision and manage time and priorities accordingly.
• Be able to lead the Safety and Security team in collaboration with the G4S Operations Manager and other departments at Headingley Stadium effectively and efficiently ensuring a great customer experience when delivering events for YCCC
• Must be able to make effective decisions in line with organisational goals and objectives.
• 5 years checkable work history
• Unrestricted right to work in the UK/EU
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Must have excellent IT skills will be essential for this role
• Hold or be working towards a NEBOSH/IOSH General Diploma.
• Relevant qualifications in Health and Safety and further relevant qualifications in Safety Management would be an advantage.
• Knowledge and training regarding Crowd Management and Crowd Dynamics
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV, a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience fit the role along with completing the equal opportunities monitoring form to [email protected]