The Yorkshire County Cricket Club are looking to appoint a coach to work alongside its existing coaching staff, with a primary role of coaching and managing the 2nd XI.
The Yorkshire County Cricket Club is one of the most successful clubs in the world and we are looking to further enhance the development of our senior teams and age group players to achieve their potential and provide players for both Yorkshire and England.
The Yorkshire County Cricket Club operates equal opportunities and acceptable behaviour policies. We welcome and encourage applications from people from all communities – both locally and nationally.
Reporting to the Director of Cricket, the position is a full-time role and will suit someone who wishes to work within a highly motivated and ambitious sporting Club.
The person appointed will be expected to carry out their duties at such times as are necessary to fulfil their role. This will include out of hours work, evenings and Bank Holidays where necessary.
Attendance, providing written and verbal reports and presentations at events and meetings is also expected.
A flexible and willing approach is essential.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
– Minimum ECB Level 3 coaching qualification or equivalent with a desire to qualify at Level 4 in the future
– Expertise in coaching batting, bowling or wicket keeping to a high level
– Wide-ranging knowledge and understanding of County cricket
– Proven experience of strategic planning and the implementation and monitoring of personal development programmes for elite cricketers
– A record of innovative approaches to coaching and player development
– Excellent time management, communication and interpersonal skills
– Good leadership and management skills
– IT proficient, including ability to use performance analysis software
– An understanding of Sports Science and its relevance to cricket in particular
– An understanding of the importance of equality, diversity and inclusion and their impact on local communities regarding accessing professional sport
– Up to date Safeguarding, First Aid and DBS certification. If not already in place, membership to the ECB Coaches Association is required
– Experience of playing professional cricket and a knowledge and understanding of the professional game
– Knowledge and understanding of junior and senior cricket within Yorkshire
– Ability to mentor coaches within the County Age Group and Regional system
– Knowledge of Diverse Communities, Women & Girls and Disability cricket
Salary and benefits:
Dependent on experience, to include pension contribution and expenses
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 29 October 2021