The Yorkshire County Cricket Club is one of the most successful clubs in the world and undergoing the most challenging period in its 158-year history. Under new leadership, the Club is committed to learning from the past and recognises the significant change required to make Yorkshire County Cricket Club a place for everyone. This starts with the appointment of a Coaching team to support and enhance the development of our senior teams and age group players to achieve their potential and provide players for both Yorkshire and England.
We are now looking for a Club Physiotherapist, reporting to the Head of Science and medicine/Lead physiotherapist, and based at Headingley Stadium in Leeds, UK.
In this role you will:
• Provide and support physiotherapy provision to the Men’s and Women’s Professional and Academy squads, and Pathway programme players, with specific
responsibility for 2nd XI and academy men.
• Work closely with the members of our multi-disciplinary Sports Science & Medicine Team, including Physiotherapists, Strength & Conditioning Coaches, Club Doctor, Sports Psychologist, massage therapist and Nutritionist as well as the 1st and 2nd Team Coaches and Academy Director
The Yorkshire County Cricket Club welcomes applications from all backgrounds in its commitment to recruiting ambitious, talented and diverse individuals who will be vital in enabling the club to set a new bar, making sure that the Club is an inclusive home for aspiring players of the future.
To apply for the role, you should meet the following criteria:
• A bachelor’s degree in Physiotherapy
• Membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (MCSP)
• Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
• 3 years’ experience in the provision of physiotherapy to elite professional athletes
• Pitch side sports trauma care certification e.g. RFU, FA or Lubas Medical
• Passion for sports medicine, exercise rehabilitation and strength & conditioning
• High level of computer literacy including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• An advanced DBS check will be a prerequisite for the successful candidate
• Experience of working with children and proof of safeguarding training
• Driving licence
• Post-graduate degree in sports physiotherapy, sport & exercise medicine, strength and conditioning or other related subject
• Experienced in the use of statistical software, online medical platforms, and player monitoring systems such as GPS and Athlete Management applications
• Experience of delivering physiotherapy services within a professional cricket environment
To be successful in the role you will be able to motivate and influence a diverse range of individuals through your excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You will be committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, with a positive customer orientated attitude and approach. It is your initiative, focus and drive that will help you to not only be successful in the role, to but to have a positive influence throughout the Club and beyond.