JOB VACANCY – General Manager – Pro Coach Yorkshire Cricket
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team in a managerial role for one of the largest commercial cricket coaching companies in the UK. Pro Coach Yorkshire Cricket Academy is the official coaching partner of the Yorkshire County Cricket Club.
The Yorkshire County Cricket Club is one of the most illustrious sports clubs in the world. With over 150 years of history, the YCCC has an enviable record both on and off the field.
Yorkshire CCC are the most successful team in English cricket history with 34 County Championship titles – the Club’s last title success coming in 2015. Its home, Emerald Headingley Stadium, is one of the major cricket venues in the country with international cricket guaranteed at the venue until at least 2023.
Pro Coach Yorkshire are seeking to recruit for the role of General Manager. The successful applicant will be positive, results driven person with superb communication and public relations skills. This role will be based at Emerald Headingley Cricket Ground but will involve work across the county.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about cricket, accustomed to business development, a strong man manager with excellent administrative and organisational skills. A sound knowledge of cricketing structures across the county will be essential.
Our aim is to help all cricketers, of any ability reach their potential, play with confidence and enjoy the game.
To successfully market, manage and effectively implement a range of cricket coaching programmes Yorkshire wide. The suitable candidate will be required to manage and oversee the day-to-day running of all aspects of PCYC including the introduction of new business opportunities to PCYC, and report back to the managing director.
Predominantly office based, the post holder will be responsible for the day to day management of PCYC including Operations, Marketing & Administration staff, co-ordinate all commercial and club coaching, liaise with PCYC Director of Coaching to appoint coaching staff.
• Develop annual marketing and budget plans
• Develop marketing strategy to support the delivery plan
• Source funding/sponsorship to cover costs of programmes
• Ensure all coaching programmes are delivered in compliance with YCB & ECB guidelines
In addition the post holder will be required to maintain excellent relationships with key partners within the Yorkshire Cricket family; this will include the Yorkshire County Cricket Club, Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, Yorkshire Cricket Board and Cricket Clubs around Yorkshire.
Reporting to: Managing Director
Staff reporting: Marketing Manager, Administration Manger
Based: Emerald Headingley Cricket Ground
Contract: Full time
Experience, Skills and Competencies
• Knowledge of the cricket structures across Yorkshire
• Proven experience of leadership
• Excellent communicator
• Experienced manager
• Experience of business development
• Marketing and sales experience
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
• Provide excellent customer service and to promote this ethos throughout the entire organisation
• Ability to communicate confidently at all levels with other members of staff, suppliers and customers
• Ability to work as part of a team but also have the ability to work on own initiative
• Flexible approach to work throughout the calendar year
• A self-motivated and proactive approach to work
• Ability to manage and execute multiple projects
• Creative thinker with the confidence to put forward new ideas whether it is for a new type of coaching course, education program or inhouse procedure
• Demonstrable ability to plan and prioritise own workload with minimum supervision
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and work well under pressure
• Ability to plan ahead and work within agreed timeframes
• Ability and willingness to travel for work with a full driving licence and access to own vehicle
• Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as required
• Previous experience of co-ordinating coaching courses on a large scale
• Experience of profit and loss sheets and the ability to provide financial reports
• ECB Level 2 qualified coach (including relevant up to date CRB, Child Protection and First Aid Certificates)
How to Apply
To apply for the role please provide a copy of your CV, with a covering letter outlining how your skills and experience suit the job description and make you the best candidate for the role to, [email protected]. Deadline for applications is 5pm on Monday 12th March 2018. Interviews will take place, week commencing Monday 19th March 2018 at Emerald Headingley Cricket Ground.