The Yorkshire Cricket Board is the governing body for recreational cricket in Yorkshire. One of our key goals is to promote the game of cricket at all levels across the County, working in partnership with other appropriate agencies and organisations, including schools and local cricket clubs, to increase participation and growth in the game.
There are nearly 700 cricket clubs affiliated to the YCB, with in excess of 1450 senior recreational teams across Yorkshire playing cricket every weekend. We work closely with our cricket partners of Yorkshire County Cricket Club and the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation to promote all forms of cricket within Yorkshire, whilst embedding our passion and knowledge in the sport to inspire generations of cricket players into the future.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager to join our team.
We welcome applications from all backgrounds as part of the YCB’s commitment to recruiting ambitious, talented and diverse individuals who will be vital in helping us deliver our key objectives in the development of recreational cricket in the County.
Reporting to the Managing Director your key focus will be:
• Overseeing the YCB’s administrative systems and processes to support the work of Board;
• Providing a central point of contact for staff, volunteers, partners and others associated with the organisation.
We are seeking candidates with the following experience and skills;
• Significant administrative experience in a relevant role, ideally in a sports environment;
• A natural organiser, who is adept at establishing and streamlining systems and processes as well as coordinating across different areas;
• Highly organised, with the ability to balance competing demands;
• Strong communication and verbal skills and a natural ability to work with a diverse range of people at all levels;
• An expert grasp of Microsoft Office including outlook, word and excel;
• Experience of using social media platforms;
An existing knowledge of Yorkshire recreational cricket and current ECB initiatives and experience of working in a similar role in a sport environment would be advantageous.
Please click the link below where you will find the full job description and recruiting criteria.
You should submit your application including CV and a covering letter setting out what makes you a great candidate for the role to [email protected]
The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 15th May and interviews are likely to be held during the week commencing 23rd May.