Job Title: High Performance Coach
About The Yorkshire County Cricket Club
We are incredibly proud of our 160 years of history and heritage at The Yorkshire County Cricket Club. The extraordinary historical moments we have hosted here at Headingley, our decorated County Championship and women’s team, as well as producing the most cricketers to represent England has all established us as the most famous cricket club in the world.
As we acknowledge the recent events, the Club is committed to learning from the past and implementing the significant change required to make The Yorkshire County Cricket Club a place for everyone, from all backgrounds. Our broad programme of transformation and improvement will drive a positive future as a beacon of progress and restore the Club to its rightful place as the beating heart of English cricket again. At the centre of our transformation is our EDI Plan which can be accessed here. It’s a very exciting time to join The Yorkshire County Cricket Club and help create lasting change.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate and skilled cricket coach to join our highly successful and forward thinking Boys Performance Pathway at The Yorkshire County Cricket Club. Delivering the best possible coaching is a at the heart of this role as you will be the lead coach for one of our county age group squads, however, it isn’t limited to just delivering coaching as this role plays a key part in various other exciting aspects of the Performance Pathway. Working alongside the rest of the team, you will assist with age group selection, develop programmes, regularly monitor the performance of players and help with the logistical side of delivering fixtures across the season.
For more information, follow the link below for the full job description including selection criteria for the role.
We are seeking candidates with the following experience and skills:
• Minimum ECB Level 3 coaching qualification, or willing to work towards
• A knowledge and understanding of junior and senior recreational cricket, and the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with key personnel in clubs and schools
• Previous experience of being part of and coaching on successful County Programmes (or equivalent) or higher
• Strong communication skills and verbal skills and a natural ability to engage with, motivate and influence a diverse range of people including groups and individuals.
• An understanding and experience of delivering projects within an equity, diversity and inclusion framework.
• An understanding of safeguarding and health & safety relevant to the needs of the role
Please see the attached job description for further essential and desirable criteria.
Working at Yorkshire County Cricket Club
Working at Yorkshire Cricket, you will benefit from the following:
• Health cash plan provider
• 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
• Pension contributions
• Yorkshire County Cricket Club membership
• Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
Please submit your application, including CV and covering letter setting out how you meet the selection criteria to [email protected]
The closing date for application is 03/02/2023. Interviews are likely to be held during the week commencing 13/02/2023.
The Yorkshire County Cricket Club is committed to recruiting ambitious, talented and diverse individuals who will be vital in enabling the club to set a new bar, making sure that the Club is an inclusive home for aspiring players of the future. We therefore encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We value diversity and acknowledge the underrepresentation of people from certain backgrounds, both within our organisation and across the sector. We particularly encourage applications from women, people with disabilities, and people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups; these are currently under-represented.
Should you have any questions regarding the vacancy, do not hesitate to get into contact with us at [email protected]