Job Title: Head of Grounds
About The Yorkshire County Cricket Club
We are incredibly proud of our 160 years of history and heritage at The Yorkshire County Cricket Club. The extraordinary historical moments we have hosted here at Headingley, our decorated County Championship and women’s team, as well as producing the most cricketers to represent England has all established us as the most famous cricket club in the world.
As we acknowledge the recent events, the Club is committed to learning from the past and implementing the significant change required to make The Yorkshire County Cricket Club a place for everyone, from all backgrounds. Our broad programme of transformation and improvement will drive a positive future as a beacon of progress and restore the Club to its rightful place as the beating heart of English cricket again. At the centre of our transformation is our EDI Plan which can be accessed here. It’s a very exciting time to join The Yorkshire County Cricket Club and help create lasting change.
This is a fantastic and unique opportunity for an experienced groundsperson to be the Head of Grounds at an international sporting venue for The Yorkshire County Cricket Club. This incredible role will be based at Headingley Cricket Ground and will require you to oversee and ensure that the pitch is managed to a world class standard so it is in the best condition it possibly can be for all the domestic and international matches we host throughout the season. You will work with an incredibly talented team of ground staff at Headingley Cricket Ground and across our affiliate grounds such as Bradford Park Avenue and Weetwood.
For more information, follow the link below for the full job description including selection criteria for the role.
We are seeking candidates with the following experience and skills:
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior grounds management role at an elite level cricket facility and being involved in producing high-quality pitches for elite level cricket.
• Achieved (or willingness to undertake in the first 24 months) Grounds Management Association Certificate Level 4 or equivalent qualifcation in Cricket Surfaces.
• A strong understanding of what Health and Safety good practice is, in accordance with the Health and Safety Act 1974 and COSHH.
• Experience of overseeing and recontrsucting cricket pitches and playing surfaces all year round.
• An understanding and experience of working within an equity, diversity and inclusion framework inclusing inclusive learning practices
Please see the attached job description for further essential and desirable criteria.
Working at The Yorkshire County Cricket Club
• Health cash plan provider
• 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
• Pension contributions
• Yorkshire County Cricket Club membership
• Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
Please submit your application, including CV and covering letter setting out how you meet the selection criteria to [email protected].
The closing date for application is 30/01/2023. Interviews are likely to be held during the week commencing 06/02/2023
The Yorkshire County Cricket Club is committed to recruiting ambitious, talented and diverse individuals who will be vital in enabling the club to set a new bar, making sure that the Club is an inclusive home for aspiring players of the future. We therefore encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We value diversity and acknowledge the underrepresentation of people from certain backgrounds, both within our organisation and across the sector. We particularly encourage applications from women, people with disabilities, and people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups; these are currently under-represented.
Should you have any questions regarding the vacancy, do not hesitate to get into contact with us at [email protected].