Job Title: Community Talent Champion – Girls Pathway
About Yorkshire County Cricket Club
Yorkshire County Cricket Club is undergoing the most challenging time in its 158-year history following its handling of allegations of racism and discrimination. Under new leadership, the Club is committed to learning from the past and recognises that significant change is required to make Yorkshire County Cricket Club a place for everyone, from all backgrounds.
The implementation of a broad programme of transformation and improvement will allow the club to move forward. The Club is determined to strive for excellence – on and off the pitch – and to drive a positive future as a beacon of progress and restore the Club to its rightful place as the beating heart of English cricket again.
On the back of an incredibly successful 2022 season for our Pathway Age Groups, we’re looking to recruit a Community Talent Champion for our Girls Pathway. This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to help contribute to our already successful Girls Pathway programme. This role will deliver the Community Talent Champion programme across areas of Yorkshire to engage, form relationships and identify talented players from South Asian communities, aiming to develop players into the existing Yorkshire Player Pathway and be the best cricketer they possibly can be. You will work as part of our, new, exciting and forward-thinking pathway team.
For more information, follow the link below for the full job description including selection criteria for the role
We are seeking candidates with the following experience and skills:
• Minimum ECB UKCC Level 2 coaching qualification
• A knowledge and understanding of junior and senior recreational cricket, and the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with key personnel in clubs and schools
• Experience of working in a club and community sporting setting
• Experience of coaching on County Programmes (or equivalent) or higher
• An understanding of safeguarding and health & safety relevant to the needs of the role.
• An understanding and experience of delivering projects within an equity, diversity and inclusion framework.
Please see the attached job description for further essential and desirable criteria.
Working at Yorkshire County Cricket Club
Working at Yorkshire Cricket, you will benefit from the following:
• Health cash plan provider
• 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
• Pension contributions
• Yorkshire County Cricket Club membership
• Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
Please submit your application, including CV and covering letter setting out how you meet the selection criteria to [email protected].
The closing date for application is 13/02/2023.
The Yorkshire County Cricket Club is committed to recruiting ambitious, talented and diverse individuals who will be vital in enabling the club to set a new bar, making sure that the Club is an inclusive home for aspiring players of the future. We therefore encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We value diversity and acknowledge the underrepresentation of people from certain backgrounds, both within our organisation and across the sector. We particularly encourage applications from women, people with disabilities, and people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups; these are currently under-represented.
Should you have any questions regarding the vacancy, do not hesitate to get into contact with us at [email protected]