The Yorkshire County Cricket Club will host its second XI match against Durham at Emerald Headingley from Monday 24 May in front a limited number of qualified members.
The fixture, which was due to be played at Harrogate, was moved to Emerald Headingley due to obstacles presented by adhering to COVID-19 compliance at outgrounds. However, the Club will welcome 200 qualified Members per day and act as a pilot ahead of the first match at Emerald Headingley in front of a 25% capacity crowd on Saturday 29 May.
Chief Executive Mark Arthur said: “We have been desperate for our Members to return to Emerald Headingley and we see this pilot game as a good opportunity to do so.
“At Emerald Headingley, we have been working hard for the safe return of spectators and have sufficient space and facilities to do so. Although staging games such as this offers operational challenges and comes at a considerable cost, we felt, along with other counties, that it would be unfair for outgrounds to host matches in front of spectators.
“Expecting outgrounds to implement all COVID-19 mitigating measures and protocols would put venues in a financially precarious position. Therefore, we have decided to enable Members’ first opportunity to return to cricket to be at Emerald Headingley.
“It is important for us to limit the number of attendees and set out the code of conduct for attending matches during this latest stage of the government roadmap in order for us to take away key learnings when more supporters are able to return to the ground. Ultimately, the Club would like to provide the opportunity to reward our loyal Members but also host cricket in a safe environment.”
HOW TO BOOK
Full, One Day, Life Members and 1863 Members who have submitted an up-to-date email address to the Club will receive an email with instructions on how to book their seats.
If you fall into one of the above membership groups and have not received an email, please ring 0344 504 3099 (option 1) or email [email protected]
The closing date for booking your seat is midnight on Monday 17 May. Members will be allocated a specific seat and will be posted paper tickets. Please bring these paper tickets on the day.
There will be no walk-up sales on any of the days.
- The St Michael’s Lane turnstiles will be open from 10.30am on each day. Please note, Members will be unable to gain access to the ground from the Kirkstall Lane turnstiles.
- The East Stand and Long Room will be open for this match. No other stands or facilities will be open. Please note that there will be no indoor seating available in the Long Room.
- Snacks and beverages will be available in the Long Room. Please note, we will not be accepting cash as Emerald Headingley is now operating as a cashless stadium.
- Scorecards will not be available.
- The Club Shops will not be open for this fixture.
- Further information will be sent on parking to those Members who have booked tickets for the game.
- It is asked that Members do not request autographs/selfies from the players for safety reasons.