Job Title: People Business Partner
About Yorkshire County Cricket Club
Yorkshire County Cricket Club is undergoing the most challenging time in its 158-year history following its handling of allegations of racism and discrimination. Under new leadership, the Club is committed to learning from the past and recognises that significant change is required to make Yorkshire County Cricket Club a place for everyone, from all backgrounds.
The implementation of a broad programme of transformation and improvement will allow the club to move forward. The Club is determined to strive for excellence – on and off the pitch – and to drive a positive future as a beacon of progress and restore the Club to its rightful place as the beating heart of English cricket again.
At the centre of our transformation is our EDI Plan which can be accessed here. We strongly recommend that you take a time to read the EDI Plan as part of your application process with us.
We have an incredibly exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced HR professional to join our team during this transformation period as a People Business Partner. This incredible role offers the mandate to genuinely shape, develop and drive positive impact across the Club. You will work closely with senior management and within a highly regarded People and Culture team to provide generalist people and culture advice, support and knowledge that is tailored to business needs and aligned to strategic objectives across the Club, Yorkshire Cricket Foundation and the Yorkshire Cricket Board through best practice. Further, we are looking to add to our team someone with knowledge and experience in developing and delivering end-to-end learning and development programs within a change context, as well as their generalist people and culture background.
For more information, follow the link below for the full job description including selection criteria for the role.
We are seeking candidates with the following experience and skills:
• 3+ years’ experience as a generalist HR/People Business Partner, partnering with senior managers to provide support and advice on complex people matters
• 3+ years’ experience focused on learning and development including undertaking training needs analysis, instructional design (working with subject matter experts to develop engaging and effective content) and identification of learning channels
• An understanding of relevant UK law and compliance in all relevant areas of P&C and it’s application in employee relations.
• An understanding and experience of delivering projects within an equity, diversity and inclusion framework including inclusive learning practices
Please see the attached job description for further essential and desirable criteria.
Working at Yorkshire County Cricket Club
Working at Yorkshire Cricket, you will benefit from the following:
• Health cash plan provider
• 25 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
• Pension contributions
• Yorkshire County Cricket Club membership
• Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
Please submit your application, including CV and covering letter setting out how you meet the selection criteria to [email protected]
The closing date for application is 13/02/2023.
The Yorkshire County Cricket Club is committed to recruiting ambitious, talented and diverse individuals who will be vital in enabling the club to set a new bar, making sure that the Club is an inclusive home for aspiring players of the future. We therefore encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We value diversity and acknowledge the underrepresentation of people from certain backgrounds, both within our organisation and across the sector. We particularly encourage applications from women, people with disabilities, and people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups; these are currently under-represented.
Should you have any questions regarding the vacancy, do not hesitate to get into contact with us at [email protected]