Position: – The Northern Superchargers Women’s Batting Coach
The Northern Superchargers is one of the eight city-based teams, with women’s and men’s sides that compete in The Hundred competition. The host venue is Headingley Cricket Ground and represents the First Class counties of Yorkshire County Cricket Club and Durham County Cricket Club
The Northern Superchargers welcomes applications from all backgrounds in its commitment to recruiting ambitious, talented, and diverse individuals.
The Hundred is a sporting event like no other. World class entertainment, the world’s best players and the women’s and men’s games on equal footing. It is the highest profile new sports event to launch in the UK for many years and has received extensive media coverage, broadcast across Sky Sports and BBC.
- The Batting Coach will report into the Head Coach and will provide specialist and general coaching
- The Batting Coach will assist the Head Coach in developing and supporting the needs of the squad
- The successful candidate will develop positive working relationships with coaches, playing staff and the Sports Science & Medicine
- The Batting Coach will encourage and support elite behaviours
The person appointed will be expected to perform their duties at such times as are necessary to fulfil their role.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- Appropriate coaching qualification to fulfil a position of this nature
- Expertise in coaching to a high level
- Wide-ranging knowledge and understanding of Cricket specifically in the White ball cricket.
- Proven coaching experience and expertise collaborating with elite cricketers in White ball cricket.
- Excellent time management, communication, and people skills
- Good leadership skills
- Experience of playing professional cricket and a knowledge and understanding of the professional game
To be successful in the role you will be able to motivate and influence a diverse range of individuals through your excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You will be committed to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, with a positive customer orientated attitude and approach. It is your initiative, focus and drive that will help you to not only be successful in the role, to but to have a positive influence throughout your experience with The Northern Superchargers
To apply please submit your application by including a CV and covering letter to [email protected] The closing date for receipt of applications is 14th June 2023.