The Yorkshire County Cricket Club is one of the world’s most famous cricket clubs. Founded in 1863, Yorkshire is England’s most successful club, winning a record 34 County Championships, joint Champions twice and five One-Day cricket crowns. The Club has produced more players for England’s national team than any other county in history.
Away from the professional arena, Yorkshire is the hotbed of cricket in the country, with in excess, of 740 grassroot clubs and schools playing the game every week in the summer equating to over 125,000 recreational players.
The Yorkshire Cricket Foundation is the official charity and community arm of Yorkshire County Cricket Club. Using the power of cricket, the foundation runs community projects across the county, aiming to make a lasting, positive impact on the lives of those living in Yorkshire.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join The Yorkshire County Cricket Club as we have recently assumed full legal ownership of the Carnegie Pavilion. This role will frequently be the first point of contact with the Club for many external guests, visitors, spectators, contractors and potential clients. The desired person will recognise this important position and have the key skills to create an invaluable first impression in person, on the phone or on email. The successful applicant will regularly demonstrate efficiency to ensure the smooth delivery of operational requirements in the Carnegie Pavilion.
Experience of holding similar positions previously and having general knowledge of building management systems would be beneficial. A proactive and can-do attitude is a must.
The position is full-time (start and finish hours to be discussed) and based at Emerald Headingley Cricket Ground. The role includes regular evening and weekend work as required.
For an informal discussion about the post or the job description, please email [email protected] to arrange a call.
Job Title: Front of House Receptionist.
Summary of Job: To offer excellent customer service to everyone visiting The Yorkshire County Cricket Club. The role will include front of house duties, receptionist duties and basic operational administration. The role is for both matchdays and non-matchdays and will require flexible working. Contract: Full time.
The principle duties of the Front of House Receptionist are:
1. To always be professional, presentable, and punctual.
2. To assist with the operational delivery on any given match day.
3. To provide excellent customer service and direct all guests to the relevant areas in the Carnegie Pavilion/Emerald Headingley Stadium on matchdays and non-matchdays.
4. To professionally answer all telephone enquiries and direct them to the relevant YCCC department.
5. To administer all room bookings in the Carnegie Pavilion and attend to any room requirements before and after the booking has taken place.
6. To be reactive to any building management items that occur in the Carnegie Pavilion and communicate with the operations department.
7. To contribute to the co-ordination of all planned preventative maintenance requirements and appointed contractors.
8. To learn and operate the relevant Building Management Systems to enable the appropriate functionality of the Carnegie Pavilion.
9. To undertake the relevant facility management training to assist with regular tasks.
1. Excellent communication skills and work in a fast-paced environment.
2. Good organisation and ability to prioritise workload effectively and efficiently.
3. Good team player and capability to work on own initiative.
4. Excellent customer service skills and ability to build and maintain strong working relationships. Capability to constructively manage confrontation.
5. PC literate and the ability to learn new skills quickly.
1. To accept, by agreement, flexible working hours including weekends, evenings, and Bank Holidays, within the standard working week.
2. To carry out any other relevant duties as requested by your Line Manager.
3. To always represent and promote the Club in its best interests.
Reporting to: The Yorkshire County Cricket Club Director of Operations.
Accountable to: The Yorkshire County Cricket Club Chief Executive.
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV, a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience fit the role along with completing the equal opportunities monitoring form to [email protected].
The closing date for applications is Wednesday March 24 2021 at midday, with interviews scheduled for week commencing March 29 2021. Ideally, we will hold interviews in person complying with all current COVID guidance. We understand that this may not be suitable for all applicants.