Job Role: Customer Operations Executive
Term: Maternity cover until October
Reporting to: Retail Manager
Location: Emerald Headingley
Salary: Available on request
The Yorkshire County Cricket Club is one of the world’s most famous cricket clubs. Founded in 1863, Yorkshire is England’s most successful club, winning a record 32 County Championships, joint Champions twice and five One-Day cricket crowns. The Club has produced more players for England national team than any other county in history.
Away from the professional arena, Yorkshire is the hotbed of cricket in the country with over 750 grassroots clubs and schools playing the game every week in the summer equating to over 125,000 recreational players.
Its outstanding work in the local community, via the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, is regarded as one of the region’s best organised sporting foundations with over 20,000 schoolchildren visiting the Club’s home Emerald Headingley Cricket Ground across the year.
Yorkshire Cricket Board is responsible for all recreational cricket from Playground to the Academy covering 1818 primary schools, 350 Secondary schools, 750 cricket clubs and 80 leagues including 4 Premier Leagues and the BAME Management Group. It is also in charge of facility development, the education and development of all coaches, umpires, scorers, groundsman and volunteers and runs an extended disability development programme. The Pathways Scheme accommodates 930 players annually so that all players can achieve their potent.
The key responsibilities for this role includes:
• Supporting the Club Shop Manager on matchdays and non-matchdays in stock management, customer service and sales
• Carrying out administrative duties using systems and processes relevant to the organisation
• Liaising with other YCCC departments and related bodies to ensure the smooth delivery of matchday services
• Working flexibly throughout the summer, including weekends, evenings and Bank Holidays
• Carrying out any other relevant duties as requested by the Retail Manager
• Supporting with online sales through yorkshireccc.com/shop
• Adhering to Club policies and procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook, and relevant Health and Safety legislation.
Required skills and expertise
• Passionate about delivering excellent customer service
• Able to communicate at all levels with other members of staff, suppliers and customers
• Be able to work as part of a team but have the ability to work on own initiative
• Experience in customer service and/or retail sales is desirable
• Be smartly presented at all times
To apply please send a covering letter and copy of your CV to [email protected]
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 10th February at 5pm. Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 15th February.