The Yorkshire County Cricket Club is one of the most successful clubs in the world and undergoing the most challenging period in its 158-year history. Under new leadership, the Club is committed to learning from the past and recognises the significant change required to make Yorkshire County Cricket Club a place for everyone. This starts with the appointment of a Coaching team to support and enhance the development of our senior teams and age group players to achieve their potential and provide players for both Yorkshire and England.
We are now looking for an Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach, reporting to the Head of Strength and Conditioning, and based at Headingley Stadium in Leeds, UK.
In this role you will:
- Provide strength and conditioning support to all Yorkshire Cricket teams in order to maximise physical preparation and minimise injuires
- Support and liaise with the Head of Strength and Conditioning and Yorkshire’s Sports Science & Medicine Team in the delivery of strength and conditioning programmes to all professionally contracted players.
- Take the lead on strength and conditioning for 2nd XI and Academy squads
- Plan and lead regular pre-season and in-season testing and monitoring for all players within the Yorkshire Cricket Pathway and offer feedback and set goals specific to each player.
- Provide warm up and cool down sessions, as well as implement recovery protocols for players on match, training and practice days in keeping with Yorkshire’s strategy for injury prevention.
The Yorkshire County Cricket Club welcomes applications from all backgrounds in its commitment to recruiting ambitious, talented and diverse individuals who will be vital in enabling the club to set a new bar, making sure that the Club is an inclusive home for aspiring players of the future.
To apply for the role, you should meet the following criteria:
• UKSCA accreditation or desire to obtain within 12 months from the date of commencement of the role.
• Minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree in sport science related discipline.
• Minimum 1 year experience of working within professional team sport in a sport science related role (paid or internship).
• Excellent knowledge and delivery skills in the areas of: weightlifting and resistance training techniques, plyometrics, speed and agility development, and cardiovascular conditioning
• Experience in the design, implementation and monitoring of strength and conditioning programmes for elite athletes and ideally cricketers.
• Current professional indemnity insurance cover.
• Full Driving Licence and access to own vehicle.
• A postgraduate qualification specialising in a Sport Science related discipline.
• ISAK level 1 Accreditation (International Society of the Advancement of Kinanthropometry) or desire to achieve within 12 months.
• Massage qualification
• Experience of Global Positioning System (GPS) software within team sports
To be successful in the role you will be able to motivate and influence a diverse range of individuals through your excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You will be committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, with a positive customer orientated attitude and approach. It is your initiative, focus and drive that will help you to not only be successful in the role, to but to have a positive influence throughout the Club and beyond