Travelling by First Buses
First Buses frequent and great value buses can take you to and from the cricket. Their network stretches all across Leeds with easy connections; so wherever you’re travelling from there will be a bus for you.
Popular Services to and from Headingley Stadium from City centre
Services 19 and 19A – buses every 15 minutes
City Centre stops
Stand F7 on York Street opposite Leeds Bus Station
Stand K13 on Kirkgate
Stand K17 on Duncan Street
Stand S10 outside Leeds Railway Station
Stand D on Infirmary Street
Stand Y10 opposite the Central Library
Stand Y14 opposite the Combined Courts
Service 56 – buses every 10 minutes
City Centre stops
Stand G6 on Eastgate
Stand J1 on Albion Street
Services 19/A full route: Ireland Wood/Tinshill-Spen Lane-Queenswood Drive-Headingley (Stadium)-Cardigan Road-Burley Road-City Centre-York Road-Halton-Whitkirk-Colton-Garforth.
Service 56 full route: Moor Grange-Queenswood Drive-Headingley (Stadium)-Hyde Park-University-City Centre-York Road-Cross Gates-Swarcliffe-Whinmoor
For other services to the stadium and planning your journey
save time and effort by using our journey planner and we’ll recommend the best way to get there.
What ticket to buy
First Buses know people have different travel needs, so they have created a range of tickets to make sure everybody can find the one that’s just right for them.
Great value weekend ticket
If you’re going to the cricket with family or friends at the weekend, the Weekend 5 travel for £5 ticket is best.
Great value weekday ticket
If you’re going to the cricket with family or friends during the week our Firstday Group £8.20 ticket is best.
Full range of tickets available here.
Headingley Cricket Ground
Travelling by car
If travelling by car there are clear, permanent (and additional) direction signs to lead you from the motorway and major road networks to the Headingley area.
There are two basic routes to reach Headingley, the first being from the South, avoiding the City Centre, and the second from the North via the Leeds Outer Ring Road.
From M1 South and the M62 East and West
From the South leave the M1 at Junction 43 to take the M621 as far as Junction 2.
From the M62 West leave at Junction 27 to take the M621 as far as Junction 2.
From the M62 East leave at Junction29 to join the M1
Northbound to take the M621 as far as Junction 2.
At Junction 2 of the M621 follow the signs for Headingley stadium along the A643. These signs will lead you along the Leeds Inner Ring Road A58 to the A660 which is signposted to Skipton and Headingley Stadium. Signs along this road will indicate you have reached the Headingley area and on Test Match and One Day International days additional temporary signage will direct you to the Park & Ride car park north of Headingley at Beckett Park (LS6 3PW).
From Bradford, Keighley and all areas to the North
All routes into Leeds from these areas lead to the Leeds Outer Ring Road, the A6110 – A6120 – A63. Along the Outer Ring Road signposting to Headingley Stadium will lead you to the A660 Otley Road and from here southwards to the Headingley area.
For the all other latest bus service information please go to the relevant service website. Alternatively, a map of additional routes is posted below.
Download other provider bus maps
For Kirkstall Lane (stops outside the stadium).
- Services 19 and 19A run to and from Leeds City Centre – stops S10 outside Leeds Rail Station and Stand D on Infirmary Street. From Leeds the stadium is 2 minutes before Headingley Eden Drive.
- Service 56 runs to and from Leeds City Centre – stops G9 on Eastgate and J1 on Albion Street. From Leeds the stadium is 2 minutes before Eden Drive.
- Service 38 runs to and from Moortown and Wortley. The stadium is halfway between Kirkstall Sports Centre and Shaw Lane.
- Service 91 runs to and from Bramley, Chapel Allerton, Harehills and Pudsey.
For Cardigan Road (stops close to the stadium).
- Services 19 and 19A run to and from Leeds City Centre – stops S10 outside Leeds Rail Station and Stand D on Infirmary Street.
- Service 56 runs to and from Leeds City Centre – stops G9 Eastgate and J1 Albion Street.
For Headingley Lane/Otley Road (the Arndale Centre – 10 minutes walk to the stadium).
- Services 1, 6, 28, and 97 from and to Leeds City Centre
- Service X84 from and to Otley, Ilkley and Skipton.
For Kirkstall Lights – junction of Kirkstall Lane, Abbey Road, Commercial Road and Bridge Road (a 15 minute walk uphill along Kirkstall Lane to the stadium).
- Services 33 33A from and to Leeds City Centre
- Service 508 from and to Halifax
- Service 670 671 from and to Bradford
- Service 757 from and to Leeds Bradford International Airport
- Service 760 from and to Shipley and Keighley.
Leeds City Station
Headingley Cricket Ground is around a 10-15 minute drive from Leeds City Station. A taxi should cost around £8-£10.
Headingley Station is on the Harrogate Line and is a 10 minute walk from the ground. Please note that the initial part of this walk is slightly uphill. Trains run half-hourly from Leeds City Station and should take around 12 minutes.
Burley Park Station
Burley Park Station is also on the Harrogate Line and is a five minute walk from the ground. Trains run half hourly and should take around five minutes. If travelling from Leeds City Station this is your recommended station to use.
WY Metro Information