Company: The Northern Superchargers Limited
Position: – Chair
The Northern Superchargers is one of the eight city-based teams, with women’s and men’s sides that
compete in The Hundred competition. The host venue is Headingley Cricket Ground and represents the
First Class counties of Yorkshire County Cricket Club and Durham County Cricket Club
The Northern Superchargers welcomes applications from all backgrounds in its commitment to
recruiting ambitious, talented, and diverse individuals.
The Hundred is a sporting event like no other. World class entertainment, the world’s best players
and the women’s and men’s games on equal footing. It is the highest profile new sports event to
launch in the UK for many years and has received extensive media coverage, broadcast across Sky
Sports and BBC.
The Northern Superchargers – Team Co Board
The Team Co Board is a wholly-subsidiary of the ECB and has been incorporated by the ECB as an Englis h private company limited by shares with standard-form articles of Association.
To lead The Northern Superchargers Ltd Team Co Board to ensure that all its responsibilities are fulfilled as set out with the relevant agreements.
– appointing the Head Coach for each of its men’s and women’s teams.
– approving the appointment of The Northern Superchargers other coaching and player support
– liaising with the host venue and The Northern Superchargers personnel who will deliver the
day-to-day operations of its teams.
– ensuring that each of its team’s on-field operations are conducted in accordance within Superchargers allocated budget.
– ensuring all the costs attributable to The Northern Superchargers operations are provided by
on a timely basis to the central ECB finance department, who will prepare monthly management accounts.
– There will be a minimum of four Team Co Board meetings that you will be expected to attend
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience required:
– Previous track record in a non-executive role with a Board of similar scale and profile
– Experience of financial and budget management, understanding accounts and identifying risk
– Highly developed leadership and management skills with the ability to balance driving for results with instilling a culture of mutual collaboration, team working, innovation and support.
– Strong influencing and negotiation skills with the credibility to build trust and nurture and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
– Outstanding communication skills – listening, written, oral and presentation.
– A team player with an open, transparent and consultative style and optimistic approach.
– A compassionate, collegiate, and inclusive leadership style.
– A strong personal commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
– Commercial acumen, good judgement, and financial acuity.
– The ability and willingness to commit the time to be an effective Chair.
Salary and benefits:
Option to attend all Hundred games that include the Northern Superchargers
The closing date for receipt of applications is 2nd June 2023 Applications including a covering letter and CV should be submitted to
[email protected] Interviews will be held from week beginning 12th June 2023.