Headingley North-South Stand Ltd (HNSSL)
Conference & Events Business Development Manager
Reporting to the HNSS Directors Rob Oates and Andy Dawson
The Leeds Rugby and Yorkshire County Cricket Club has created a joint venture (JV) company called Headingley North-South Stand Ltd (HNSSL). As part of our co-operation agreement we will jointly be responsible for the catering operation within the stadium’s complex.
The Emerald Headingley Stadium has begun a £32.5 million development that will include a banqueting Suite (The Emerald Suite) that will be able to cater for over 450 people and will be the most prestigious multi-purpose conference facility in the region.
The Emerald Suite will be our ‘jewel in the crown’ and will also complement our other facilities around the complex.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
We (HNSSL) is looking for a high-performing Business Development Manager, with a strong background in pro-active sales, specifically within the conference and events industry. It is a high-profile role and key to the central plans of the business and involves working with existing, known and unknown potential customers to build solid revenue streams, and ensuring the venue fulfills its full earnings potential.
• Support the Sales & Marketing Manager in designing and implementing a strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base
• Working with the Commercial Directors of Leeds Rugby and Yorkshire CCC and their teams to introduce matchday clients to the Headingley Stadium Events facilities.
• Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
• Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
• Assist the Sales team in the management and execution of a Sales and Marketing plan to provide sustainable growth to the conference & events business.
• Proactively solicit new business by, among other things, making sales calls and presentations, attending local trade shows, and engaging in other client prospecting to increase the size of the organisation’s potential client database
• Attend networking events on a regular basis to establish new relationships and ensure presence within the local area
• Production of cold calling plan to increase penetration within the local markets
• Lead generation including researching and targeting companies and individuals for sales presentations
• Develop relations with Visit Leeds, Welcome to Yorkshire and other local Convention, Chambers of Commerce and all agencies public and corporate that can benefit the venue
• Assist sales team with site inspections and meetings with clients
• Prepare and provide required reports to the Directors of HNSS
• Utilise the feedback from clients following each event to determine and analyse client satisfaction, organisational performance, and follow up any potential business leads.
• Sales execution including: initial contact, scheduling of appointments, face-to-face presentations, follow-up, closing of sales and contract negotiation.
• Confidence to plan and coordinate sales meetings, presentations and events
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Entrepreneurial drive; identifying business needs and creating and implementing solutions
• Experience of working in a similar position within a conference & events team for at least 5 years
• Knowledge of the local area
• Successful previous experience in a similar role, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
• Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
• Strong business sense and industry expertise
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send full CV with covering letter and details of your current salary to Andy Dawson, HNSS Director, andy[email protected] by no later than Tuesday 31st July 2018