The Yorkshire County Cricket Club is one of the most successful clubs in the world and undergoing the most challenging period in its 158-year history. Under new leadership, the Club is committed to learning from the past and recognises the significant change required to make Yorkshire County Cricket Club a place for everyone. This starts with the appointment of a Coaching team to support and enhance the development of our senior teams and age group players to achieve their potential and provide players for both Yorkshire and England.
We are now looking for a Head of Strength and Conditioning, reporting to the Head of Science and Medicine / Lead Men’s Physiotherapist, and based at Headingley Stadium in Leeds, UK.
In this role you will:
• Lead, co-ordinate and manage strength and conditioning of Yorkshire’s men’s and women’s teams to best prepare players and maximise performance.
• Work with the Head of Science and Medicine to ensure that players are physically fit to perform at their maximum.
The Yorkshire County Cricket Club welcomes applications from all backgrounds in its commitment to recruiting ambitious, talented and diverse individuals who will be vital in enabling the club to set a new bar, making sure that the Club is an inclusive home for aspiring players of the future.
To apply for the role, you should meet the following criteria:
• Graduate qualification in Sports Science and/or Strength & Conditioning
• Current UKSCA accreditation or working towards in the next 6 months
• Evidence of experience working within professional or an elite sporting
• A track record of success in developing the physical qualities of elite and
developmental athletes within a professional sporting environment
• Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary Science & Medicine Support
• Excellent support programming and coaching skills
• Strong computer skills, specifically with Excel and Performance analysis software
• Experience of coordinating integrated player support initiatives
• Current Basic Life Support training and First Aid qualifications
• Current Professional Indemnity Insurance cover
• Full Driving License
• Legal entitlement to work in the UK
• Postgraduate degree in related field to S&C
• 2-3 years experience working within a professional or elite sport setting
• Experience of developing, monitoring and reviewing discipline specific strategic
• Research and development experience in cricket and/or S&C fields
• Ability to help out in other areas of team preparation or recovery
To be successful in the role you will be able to motivate and influence a diverse range of individuals through your excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You will be committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, with a positive customer orientated attitude and approach. It is your initiative, focus and drive that will help you to not only be successful in the role, to but to have a positive influence throughout the Club and beyond