Job Title: Customer Operations Executive
Contract: Full Time
Two exciting opportunities have arisen to join the team at The Yorkshire County Cricket Club as Customer Operations Executives, servicing the Ticket Office and Cricket Centre.
The Yorkshire County Cricket Club, founded in 1863, is a world-famous cricket club. Yorkshire is England’s most successful club, winning a record 34 County Championships, they have been joint Champions twice and won five One-Day cricket crowns. The Club has also produced more players for England’s national team than any other county in history.
Away from the professional arena, Yorkshire is a hotbed of cricket in the country, with in excess, of 740 grassroot clubs and schools playing the game every week in the summer. This equates to over 125,000 recreational cricket players.
The Emerald Headingley Stadium is also one of the world’s most renowned international venues. The ground opened in 1890 and will celebrate 131 years of sporting heritage in 2021.
Reporting to the Ticket Office Manager and working within a small team, the role involves:
• Following correct protocols for recording sales, bookings and receipts, (cash, credit card, cheque and invoice), in relation to ticket and membership sales using our ticketing programme ‘Audience View’
• Printing and distribute ion of all tickets and membership related literature in a timely and presentable manner
• Working in a polite and professional manner as ‘front of house’ on both match days and non-match days helping with face-to-face enquiries and purchases
• Making service-based telephone calls to assist with membership renewals and ticket purchases
• Servicing of the cricket centre net facility namely managing bookings, setting up of lanes and processing payments
• Attending meetings to set, monitor and improve performance targets
• Liaising with other YCCC departments and related bodies to ensure a the smooth delivery of match days and general Club activities
• Attending training seminars to develop relevant knowledge of systems and skills
• Accepting, by agreement, flexible working hours including weekends, evenings and Bank holidays, within a standard working week as business needs dictate.
• Adhering to Club policies and procedures as set out in the Employee handbook and relevant Health & Safety legislation
• Carrying out any other relevant duties as requested by your Line Manager
• Representing and promoting the Club’s best interests at all times.
Required skills and expertise:
• Passionate about delivering excellent customer service
• Comfortable working in a busy office environment with a dynamic and positive team
• Confident, polite and friendly manner, both on the telephone and face to face
• Flexible and willing attitude is essential
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary, including all match days (lieu days are given)
• Experience in customer service
• Organised with good timekeeping skills and the ability to adhere to deadlines
• Educated to degree level or currently completing a degree
• Smartly presented at all times
• An interest or understanding of cricket would be beneficial but not essential