Northern Diamonds leg-spinner Katie Levick and Yorkshire CCC all-rounder Jordan Thompson have been announced as ambassadors for All Stars Cricket.
All Stars Cricket is the perfect introduction to cricket, offering children aged five to eight years a guaranteed eight weeks of jam-packed fun, activity and skills development. Levick and Thompson have been the ideal role-models for the next generation of cricketers in their careers to date and are hoping to inspire even more young players in their new roles as ambassadors.
Levick said: “I’m delighted to have take up the role of ambassador for All Stars Cricket. It’s fantastic to see the growth in recreational cricket that has been happening for many years now and this programme has played a major part in that. It’s the perfect introduction to the game.
“I’m lucky enough to have witnessed first-hand the amount of fun young children taking part in All Stars have and would encourage anyone with young children to get along and give it a go. Whether your kids are simply wanting to make new friends and enjoy some exercise outdoors, or they are aspiring to be a professional cricketer in the future, it’s the perfect programme for them.”
Thompson said: “All Stars cricket is a fantastic route into the game, and it’s great to see so many clubs thriving with a vast number of juniors playing each week during the season.
“As a professional player, a major part of my job is to inspire the next generation. It’s been fantastic to see so many children at out games in recent years, particularly at the T20s, and it’s been great to speak to so many during the signing sessions after the games at Headingley. Now having the opportunity to be an ambassador for All Stars and hopefully play my part in growing the number of children playing the game is brilliant.
“I’d urge any parents with kids between five and eight to get in touch with your local club and get involved in the programme.”
All Stars Cricket is played at cricket clubs all around Yorkshire, with plenty of opportunities to get involved. For those aged between eight and 11, why not give Dynamos Cricket a go? More information on both programmes is available below.
Get involved – All Stars Cricket
All Stars Cricket is the perfect introduction to cricket. Children will make friends, learn new skills and have a great time doing so. The programme involves:
- A perfect first experience of cricket for all children aged 5-8 years-old
- Eight 60-minute sessions, or minimum eight hours of course delivery
- All Stars Cricket kit bag
- Valuable time with your kids – mums and dads are encouraged to take part too
- All Stars Cricket is fully inclusive and designed to support a wide range of abilities, disabilities and different learning needs
- Safe and fully accredited
All Stars is all about giving children the best first experience of the sport, with an emphasis on fun! Children will learn fundamental movement skills including catching, throwing and batting. Soft balls and plastic bats are used by everyone and all participants are given their very own cricket bag full of everything they need to play the game.
Every child will earn stars in their own activity booklet that match the skills learned during the programme:
- Batting – hitting a moving ball
- Throwing – underarm and overarm
- Catching – small and large balls
- Bowling – overarm
- Running – lots of movement
- Teamwork – fun games with friends
- Communication – the basics of cricket
For more information and to book onto your local All Stars programme, click on the below link:
Get involved – Dynamos
Dynamos Cricket provides a fantastic next step for all those graduating from All Stars Cricket and the perfect introduction for all 8–11-year-olds new to the sport! Complementing junior cricket, Dynamos provides children with a more social offer focused on developing fundamental movement skills and applying them in an exciting game of countdown cricket. We know how important it is to look like the heroes of the game, so every child who registers will receive their very own Dynamos Cricket New Balance t-shirt, personalised with their name and number.
- Children will use soft balls and light wooden bats
- Minimum of six 60-90 minute sessions, or minimum eight hours of course delivery
- Introduction to game play through a countdown cricket match
- New Balance personalised t-shirt with name and number
- Valuable time with your kids – parents/guardians are encouraged to take part too
- Complementary digital app experience
- Exclusive access to Topps Cricket Attax cards
- Dynamos Cricket is fully inclusive and designed to support a wide range of abilities, disabilities and different learning needs
- Safe and fully accredited
What will my child be doing?
Sessions begin with a 5-10 minute warm-up to get the children moving and recapping on gross motor skills and basic ball handling.
The sessions continue with skill builders for 15 minutes, providing everything children need to play, particularly focusing on bowling, which can be the make-or-break element of any game of cricket!
The session finishes with a game of countdown cricket that will take 30-45 minutes and give everyone a chance to participate in all elements of the game – batting, bowling and fielding.
How else can children play?
For children wanting to play club cricket throughout the summer, there are over 5,000 clubs around the country for you to choose from. Dynamos is aimed at complementing junior cricket so children can do both if they wish!