There are three exciting opportunities to join the team at The Yorkshire Cricket Board as Women & Girls’ Club & League Development Managers!
The three roles will cover the following areas of Yorkshire:
North & East Yorkshire
Reporting to the Women and Girls Cluster Club Lead, through the Heads of Region.
Main purpose of the job
The role will promote the participation and growth and drive the sustainability of women and girls’ cricket within a local network of community cricket clubs. Furthermore, the role will retain and develop specific playing offers for both women and girls, whilst also aligning to county wide league structures.
The post holder will be responsible for the development of Women and Girls club and league cricket. They will take responsibility for implementing the Yorkshire County Partnership Agreement Plan in alignment to ECB Inspiring Generations Strategy, including working with junior leagues to drive up girls’ playing offers. They will also support and assist with league representation and development. The post holder will look after the administration of the programme, including working with other CCB lead officers to link into other national programmes, including collection of relevant KPI data.
- To maintain, review and update the Yorkshire CB and ECB plan as required against KPIs.
- To provide quantitative and qualitative progress reports and any other insight information to Heads of Region.
- To support and development current on-going women’s outdoor and indoor leagues.
- To generate suitable playing offers for girls within countywide junior leagues.
- To be responsible for dissemination of Women & Girls information across the county to relevant parties.
- To assist cricket clubs with identifying facility needs for women and girls.
- To identify local opportunities to engage women in giving cricket a try and take part in women’s softball festivals
- Set-up and manage registrations for all venues, volunteers and participants to ensure a fantastic experience at women’s softball festivals.
- Review insight data from All Stars Cricket & Dynamos Cricket to enable further growth in the girls’ game across the county.
- Develop the volunteer workforce across the countywide women and girls clubs with the assistance of the Yorkshire Coach Development Team.
- To support clubs with relevant women and girl’s development planning to enable sustainable growth.
- To support current Club & Community Development Managers and Community Cricket Officers in increasing the migration of girls.
- To work closely with Heads of Region to identify possible secondary schools to roll out the Chance to Shine Secondary School Programme in due course.
- To support the Yorkshire Women’s League to establish more teams and more play.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills Required
- Experience of project managing or event coordination.
- Experience in administration role.
- Good with IT applications, with intermediate level in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to filter information and assess priorities.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels.
- Ability to prioritize and manage own workload amid conflicting demands and busy work periods. The nature of the post requires occasional evening and weekend working.
£25,000 per annum
Length of contract
This is a four year role that is subject to further funding after an initial two years.
This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive. It is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at the time of writing.
As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and producers in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice.
How to Apply
Please send your current CV and a covering letter, fully explaining why you should be considered for this role and stating which area of Yorkshire you would like to be considered for, to:
Jane Hildreth (Yorkshire Cricket Board Operations and HR Manager)
Deadline for applications: 4.00pm Monday 17th February 2020
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 26th February 2020.