Customer Operations Executive – for leading sports club based in Leeds
Salary: competitive salary (full-time role)
The Yorkshire County Cricket Club is one of the world’s most famous cricket clubs. Founded in 1863, Yorkshire is England’s most successful club, winning a record 34 County Championships, joint Champions twice and five One-Day cricket crowns. The Club has produced more players for England’s national team than any other county in history.
Away from the professional arena, Yorkshire is the hotbed of cricket in the country, with in excess, of 740 grassroot clubs and schools playing the game every week in the summer equating to over 125,000 recreational players.
Its outstanding work in the local community, via the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation, is regarded as one of the region’s best organised sporting foundations with over 20,000 schoolchildren visiting the Club’s home, Emerald Headingley Stadium across the year.
The Emerald Headingley Stadium is also one of the world’s renowned international venues. The ground opened in 1890 and will celebrate 127 years of sporting heritage in 2017.
Reporting to the Ticket Office Manager, working within a small team, the role is to:
• follow correct protocols for recording sales, bookings and receipts, (cash, credit card, cheque and invoice), in relation to ticket and membership sales using our ticketing programme Audience View
• servicing of the cricket centre net facility namely managing bookings, setting up of lanes and processing of payments
• ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction in dealing with all enquiries and sales
• updating and managing customer databases as required
• attending meetings to set, monitor and improve performance targets
• liaising with other YCCC departments and related bodies to ensure a smooth delivery of match days and general Club activities
• attending training seminars to develop relevant knowledge of systems and skills
• accepting, by agreement, flexible working hours including weekends, evenings and Bank holidays, within a standard working week
• adhering to Club policies and procedures as set out in the Employee handbook and relevant Health & Safety legislation
• carrying out any other relevant duties as requested by the Line Manager
• representing and promoting the Club’s best interests at all times.
Required skills and expertise:
• Passionate about delivering excellent customer service
• Comfortable working in a busy office environment with a dynamic and positive team
• Confident, polite and friendly manner, both on the phone and face to face
• Flexible and willing approach is essential
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed, including all match days (lieu days are given)
• Experience in customer service
• Organised with good timekeeping skills and the ability to adhere to deadlines
• Educated to degree level or currently completing a degree
• Smartly presented at all times
• Experience of Audience View would be beneficial but not essential
• An interest or understanding of cricket would be beneficial but not essential