Job Advert & Description
Job Title: Customer Operations Executive.
Summary of Job: To work as a member of the Customer Operations Team servicing the Ticket & Membership Office and The Yorkshire Cricket Centre.
To respond to enquiries & process sales of match tickets, memberships and other items in an efficient, customer focussed manner.
The Yorkshire County Cricket Club is one of the most illustrious sports clubs in the world. With over 150 years of history and an enviable record both on and off the field, Yorkshire is one of the 18 major county clubs which make up the English County game.
Yorkshire are the most successful team in English cricket history with 34 County Championship titles – the Club’s last title success coming in 2015. Its home, Headingley Cricket Ground, is one of the major cricket venues in the country with and hosts international cricket.
1. To ensure a high level of customer satisfaction when dealing with all enquiries and sales on an equitable basis.
2. To follow correct protocols for recording sales, bookings and receipts, (cash, credit card, cheque and invoice), in relation to ticket and membership sales using our ticketing programme Audience View and Cricket Centre bookings using our SportSoft programme.
3. To liaise with other YCCC departments and related bodies to ensure a smooth delivery of Club activities.
4. To attend training seminars to develop relevant knowledge of systems and skills.
5. To accept (by agreement) flexible working hours including weekends, evenings and Bank holidays, within the standard working week and to be available for all matchdays.
6. To adhere to Club policies and procedures as set out in the Employee Handbook and relevant Health & Safety legislation.
7. To carry out any other relevant duties as requested by Line Manager.
8. To represent and promote the Club in the best interests always.
Required Skills and Expertise:
1. Passionate about delivering excellent customer service.
2. Work well within a busy office environment with a dynamic and positive team.
3. Confident, polite and friendly manner both on the phone and face to face.
4. Flexible approach to work with the ability to work evenings and weekends when required, including all matchdays.
5. Experience in customer service.
6. Well organised, punctual with the ability to work well to deadlines.
7. Preferably post-graduate. Undergraduates at the end of their course to also be considered.
1. An interest and/or understanding of cricket would be beneficial but not essential.
2. Experience of Audience View would be beneficial but not essential.
3. Experience of SportSoft would be beneficial but not essential.