Yorkshire County Cricket Club are proud to host the Yorkshire Regiment Help for Heroes Day on Saturday 29 May on Day 1of the LV=CC Yorkshire v Lancashire match.
All military personnel are invited to attend the match free of charge when they show their MOD card on the gate and Yorkshire County Cricket Club are urging everyone to come and show their support.
There will be lots of activities including involvement from the Heavy Cavalry and Cambrai Band, a Guard of Honour, field teams, a Yorkshire Regiment Medals Ceremony, fun cricket activities, Kids on the Pitch, plus much more!
Alison Giles, YCCC Community Marketing Manager, said: “We are extremely proud to be supporting Help for Heroes and the Tickets for Troops initiatives. We’ve hosted the Yorkshire Regiment Day for many years now and this year we want to make it bigger and better to provide as much support for our troops as we can – something very close to many people’s hearts.”
Lt. Col. David O’Kelly of the Yorkshire Regiment said: “All the money raised will be spent to help transform the lives of wounded service personnel and we encourage everyone to support the day”.
Tickets for the LV=CC Yorkshire v Lancashire match are £15 Adults and £10 Concessions on the gate. For all enquiries please contact the Ticket Office on 0871 971 1222.
Yorkshire County Cricket Club are also proud to be supporting the Tickets for Troops initiative and have donated 100 tickets to each of the following two matches:
- FPt20 Yorkshire v Derbyshire – Thursday 3rd June
- FPt20 Yorkshire v Durham – Thursday 10th June
Military personnel looking to take advantage of this opportunity should register at: www.ticketsfortroops.org.uk
Information on Help for Heroes:
- To make a donation, call 0845 673 1760
- For some ideas on how to get involved in Help for Heroes visit the website:
- Help for Heroes was founded by Bryn and Emma Parry out of a desire to help wounded members of the Armed Forces coming back from Afghanistan and Iraq. The charity supports the wounded by focusing on raising funds for the most needed areas both directly and through its support of other service charities
- In just over two years, Help for Heroes raised £40 million
- Help for Heroes is registered with the Charity Commission, number 1120920