Job Title: Women and Girls Club and League Development Manager – North Yorkshire
About Yorkshire Cricket Board
The Yorkshire Cricket Board is the governing body for recreational cricket in Yorkshire. One of our key goals is to promote the game of cricket at all levels across the County, working in partnership with other appropriate agencies and organisations, including schools and local cricket clubs, to increase participation and growth in the game.
There are over 700 cricket clubs affiliated to the YCB, with 1450 senior recreational teams across Yorkshire playing cricket every weekend. We work closely with our cricket partners of Yorkshire County Cricket Club and the Yorkshire Cricket Foundation to promote all forms of cricket within Yorkshire, whilst embedding our passion and knowledge in the sport to inspire generations of cricket players into the future.
At the centre of our transformation is our EDI Plan which can be accessed here. We strongly recommend that you take a time to read the EDI Plan as part of your application process with us.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about developing women and girls sport, and further develop the fantastic work which is being done in the County. This role will be responsible for the development of the women and girls club and league cricket across North Yorkshire and other areas of the county. Working closely with the ECB, the successful candidate will focus on implementing the Yorkshire County Partnership Agreement Plan in alignment to ECB Inspiring Generations Strategy with the aim of delivering the best and most inclusive women and girls cricket programme in the country.
For more information, follow the link below for the full job description including selection criteria for the role.
We are seeking candidates with the following experience and skills:
- Previous experience of sports development
- Previous experience of creating and building relationships within local and diverse communities and active partners to promote participation in sport
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team to deliver projects successfully against KPI’s and within timeframes.
- Strong awareness and experience of a range of issues in relation to diversity and their impact on local communities with regard to accessing and participating in sport, particularly women and girls and the barriers they face.
- An understanding and experience of delivering projects within an equity, diversty and inclusion framework.
- An understanding of safeguarding and health & safety relevant to the needs of the role
Please see the attached job description for further essential and desirable criteria.
Working at Yorkshire Cricket Board
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension
- Employee Assistant Programme
- YCCC Cricket Membership
Please submit your application, including CV and covering letter setting out how you meet the selection criteria to [email protected]
The closing date for application is 26/05/2023. Interviews are likely to be held during the week commencing 05/06/2023
The Yorkshire County Cricket Club is committed to recruiting ambitious, talented and diverse individuals who will be vital in enabling the club to set a new bar, making sure that the Club is an inclusive home for aspiring players of the future. We therefore encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We value diversity and acknowledge the underrepresentation of people from certain backgrounds, both within our organisation and across the sector. We particularly encourage applications from women, people with disabilities, and people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups; these are currently under-represented.
Should you have any questions regarding the vacancy, do not hesitate to get into contact with us at [email protected]